Anti Roll Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    i have put 2 surfs thru mot's with no anti roll bars on and they have passed no problem and the tester has never said anything about them not being on either
    dont let your tester read the manual properly then mate cos youve been lucky!! i looked into it as im a tester myself and its in the mot testing guide section 2.4 suspension-general.
    test procedure: check vehicle has an anti roll bar on which it is fitted as standard
    reason for rejection(failure):a vehicle not having an anti roll bar fitted on which it is standard
    the trouble we have i suppose is deciding whether its fitted as standard to a surf(which i guess it is) and proving it... i mean who would you call definately to find out cos i doubt vosa would know..
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

i see what your saying as they do actually affect the stability of the vehicle while cornering.Although i have the L/c springs on mine and i don't notice a lot of extra body roll but i can feel it has increased so i take extra care on corners and roundabouts
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

oh dont get me wrong im all for removing bits and pieces , modyfying etc,and im not getting on me soapbox storm.ill be honest it was because i hadnt come across it before and ive been testing for ten years now!!
        it took me about 40 mins to find it in the testing book!! after all i know the saying" IT WAS THERE WHEN I TESTED IT WASNT IT,YOU MUST OF REMOVED IT YOURSELF WHEN YOU GOT HOME DIDNT YOU"
        anyway mate youve helped me out many a time on here i wouldnt dream of failing your surf lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
          oh dont get me wrong im all for removing bits and pieces , modyfying etc,and im not getting on me soapbox storm.ill be honest it was because i hadnt come across it before and ive been testing for ten years now!!
          it took me about 40 mins to find it in the testing book!! after all i know the saying" IT WAS THERE WHEN I TESTED IT WASNT IT,YOU MUST OF REMOVED IT YOURSELF WHEN YOU GOT HOME DIDNT YOU"
          anyway mate youve helped me out many a time on here i wouldnt dream of failing your surf lol!!
          what your saying is a good point because if many testers don't actually realise about things like this then its their neck on the line,and i suppose it's like everything whatever job your doing you need to know the regs etc and if you get checked and you pass something that is meant to fail then your in the sh1te
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

well we all know what little sticklers vosa and the dot are like eh,its also just as bad if you fail something thats meant to pass too!! they have a points system for mot testers,and you can lose your testing licence personally( and the entire company you work for can lose their licence too)if you make any silly mistakes,or intentionally set out to cheat the system!!

Comment

Working...
            X