Ding Ding Ding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding Ding Ding

Has anyone disabled the $$$$$$ bell behing the speedo WITHOUT ripping the dash completely off???
    1 fish 2 fish red fish blue hilux
    Go Dogs Go

yep - lift right foot
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

do u mean..

Originally posted by GregSather
      Has anyone disabled the $$$$$$ bell behing the speedo WITHOUT ripping the dash completely off???
      ..the one for having the door open with key in the ignition? if so I did it last weekend. not too bad, you just need to take the cover off the bottom of the steering wheel. 5 screws, and snip the (thinner) black/white wire to the ignition wiring plug.

not sure if thats the same as the speed ding ding as mine doesnt have that
      Biggus Truckus..

Comment

do a search for speed bell,

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
          do a search for speed bell,
          Or look about three threads below....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31937

Comment

I fixed mine yesterday and it took me about 1 and half hours but you have to take out the dash as the device is connected to the back of it with 2 yellow wires. I had to sit on the passenger seat with my feet on the drivers seat so I could get my arm all the way behind the instrument panel and then disconnected the 4 wire connectors and then the speedo cable which just popped off mine. I drove mine when I connected the speedo and 4 wire connectors back before i put everything else back to make sure everything worked fine and there was no Ding Ding

Comment

the power of the FAQ section, seek and you shall be rewarded
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Thank you all

Looks like an activity for the weekend. I foresee s$$$$ed knuckles and many curse words. I did find a picture of the blasted dinger so at least I know what I am looking for. Thanks for all the replies. Since the speed limits are 110 km/h around here, it is a must to stop the DINGING. The alternative is to get an old bird hat and drive in the slow lane all day
                1 fish 2 fish red fish blue hilux
                Go Dogs Go

Comment

Working...
                X