oxygn senors problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxygn senors problems?

ok after finding this forum and using the info in this thread http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2761 i have found out that my 2nd oxygen sensor is the problem, can any one plz tell me where i can find this part on the suv? and can some one tell me where i can find an place that sells the part and its part number for an LN130 2LTE SSR-X

For that part you will need to go to your local toyota dealer, you will need your chassis/frame number and engine number to hand.

They will tell you where on the vehicle it is located, unless someone on here does so first. You may also want to get yourself a haynes type manual, I got mine on eblag.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i looked on the EPC but can't see anything
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by OliverR
        ok after finding this forum and using the info in this thread http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2761 i have found out that my 2nd oxygen sensor is the problem, can any one plz tell me where i can find this part on the suv? and can some one tell me where i can find an place that sells the part and its part number for an LN130 2LTE SSR-X
        Correct me if i'm wrong but i Didn't think the LN130 had them. Isn't that the 2.4 Diesel?
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

i alrdy tryed the neerest toyota dealer, and they contacted toyota, which tell me that there are no oxygen sensors on that model, but why would the error code that was 28, which is No2 oxygen sensor on the list of error codes. i have the 2.4TD unit. i not willing to spend to much money on books(plus i alrdy looked for an hanes one and could not find one for the engine and car in my area and i dont do ebay) as i want to sell it soon. its an good suv, but i like manuals too much.

Comment

There's no oxygen sensors on a diesel Surf. Are you sure the codes aren't 2 and 8. These are Turbo Pressure Sensor and Intake Air Temp Sensor?

Nev

Comment

from what the is said in the other post about the fault guilde 2 flashes then an 2.5second gap before the 8 flashes. not an 4 second gap. been to an importer garage neer work, and they say no oxygen senor so i going to take that as the truth now, i will look into turbo and air intake sensors.

Comment

Don't confuse the fault codes with the petrol models (like in that post)

Sounds like you need to check the air temp sensor and the turbo pressure sensor. for the 2 and the 8 codes.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Don't confuse the fault codes with the petrol models (like in that post)

Sounds like you need to check the air temp sensor and the turbo pressure sensor. for the 2 and the 8 codes.
                  yes its very hard not to confuse it, very hard indeed.
                  i think i found both thx for the help
                  Last edited by OliverR; 5 April 2007, 20:50.

Comment

Working...
                  X