Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help!!!!

Hey all,

My surf has decided to play up on me today. I just popped down the shop all was fine until i came out and started her up and now she won't rev over about 1600 rpm. Throttle fully down it still won't rev any more than that.

It was only serviced two weeks ago.

Anyone any ideas.....please

Steve
    Last edited by mudhog; 2 April 2007, 19:05.
    Steve

Born to be wild!!

have you checked the tps switch.has the engine/ecu check light come on.?
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

not sure what the tps switch is and no the engine light hasn't some on. I've just been out and started it up and its working fine. very strange. I had just washed it at the garage before so maybe a bit of water got in which would be strange.

The only problem now is a loud knocking noise from the rear suspension when I go over bumps or turn corners

Don't really know much about suspension but think the shocks may have gone.
      Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

check the fuel tank breather make sure its not blocked with crud.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mudhog
          not sure what the tps switch is and no the engine light hasn't some on. I've just been out and started it up and its working fine. very strange. I had just washed it at the garage before so maybe a bit of water got in which would be strange.

The only problem now is a loud knocking noise from the rear suspension when I go over bumps or turn corners

Don't really know much about suspension but think the shocks may have gone.
          sounds like the rear antiroll bar bushes.or the brackets have snapped.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
            I have had a good look round underneath and can't see any obvious brakes or snaps so probably the bushes. The front wishbone ones need replacing soon as well.
            Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

I have had a good look round underneath and can't see any obvious brakes
              i take it you carry some large blocks of wood around with you like rick does.

p.s there inside the drums behind the backplates.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

i take it you carry some large blocks of wood around with you like rick does.

p.s there inside the drums behind the backplates.

very funny!!! no I don't have wood, I just drove up the highest kerb and had a look. I suppose i'm going to have to book it in to a garage as both of your thoughts sound expensive.
                Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

very funny!!! no I don't have wood, I just drove up the highest kerb and had a look. I suppose i'm going to have to book it in to a garage as both of your thoughts sound expensive.
                  call tonyn.....http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

If you ain't no mechanic, then as Woodzie says TonyN is yer nan for all things Surfish
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                      If you ain't no mechanic, then as Woodzie says TonyN is yer nan for all things Surfish
                      yep! grandma Tony will sort it!
                      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Vatchman.....Nobody likes a smart arse!!!!

I had a look again today in good light and found that one of the anti roll bar brackets had snapped so yes you were right but thanks coz i must have missed it yesterday. Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement as have looked on Milner but they don't have them listed, could I just pick one up from a Toyota dealer???
                        Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

I had a look again today in good light and found that one of the anti roll bar brackets had snapped so yes you were right but thanks coz i must have missed it yesterday. Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement as have looked on Milner but they don't have them listed, could I just pick one up from a Toyota dealer???
                          roughtrax do the full kit.its just aswell to replace all the bushes at the same time
                          http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=147

but i think milners bush kits are a bit cheaper
                          Last edited by stormforce; 2 April 2007, 19:14.
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah about £8.00 each from the Stealer
                            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

just going thru milners catalogue and the rear anti roll bar bush kit is £12 and item no.005428k and the brackets are item no.005388g and £7.50 not sure if this is each or the pair
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X