Smoke problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke problem

I recently replaced (2days ago) the cylinder head gasket and also the complete cylinder head.
    It runs fine and smooth but I notice it does smoke a fair bit particually in the mornings or when the engine is worked i.e towing, hard accelerating. It was a little smokey before the head incident as well just wondered if anyone had any ideas? Could I have put any vaccum hoses on wrong at all. Anyone got any diagrams?
    Also it does seem to lack a little grunt and power a problem also I think might have started to appear just before head replacement.
    Any replies would be greatfull. Luke.

Originally posted by lukeos24_7
    I recently replaced (2days ago) the cylinder head gasket and also the complete cylinder head.
    It runs fine and smooth but I notice it does smoke a fair bit particually in the mornings or when the engine is worked i.e towing, hard accelerating. It was a little smokey before the head incident as well just wondered if anyone had any ideas? Could I have put any vaccum hoses on wrong at all. Anyone got any diagrams?
    Also it does seem to lack a little grunt and power a problem also I think might have started to appear just before head replacement.
    Any replies would be greatfull. Luke.
    There is a couple of good diagrams on this post http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=vacuum+hoses

I have the same problem with the missus 2.4 started off looking like a Tyre fire and is now much better (well good enough to s$$$$e through the mot) I've put on new injectors & turbo, although i wouldn't sya ours was down on power.

Have you lobbed in a bottle of inector cleaner?
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
    X