Still sounds like a Fiesta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still sounds like a Fiesta

I've changed the oil to 15W/40, put a new rocker cover gasket on, refitted everything nicely, and under acceleration still sounds like a chain driven Fiesta.....so, I'm wondering if it's the turbo but checked the fins and can't find any play in it.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can take the Surf to near Banbury to have someone check it over and give me an answer.

I'm not too fussed what the answer is, but just want the engine to be sorted and sweet....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by MudSurfer
    I've changed the oil to 15W/40, put a new rocker cover gasket on, refitted everything nicely, and under acceleration still sounds like a chain driven Fiesta.....so, I'm wondering if it's the turbo but checked the fins and can't find any play in it.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can take the Surf to near Banbury to have someone check it over and give me an answer.

I'm not too fussed what the answer is, but just want the engine to be sorted and sweet....
    sounds like you might have a loose tappet there.or they need re-shimming.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      sounds like you might have a loose tappet there.or they need re-shimming.
      Hmmm - so if I drive down to Poole, when can you pull it apart and fix it???
      And I don't mean put a V8 in instead.....well, maybe, how about a 3.0 transplant......
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
      X