New Big ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Big ends

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can get a full engine gasket set and also where I can get big end bearings for a 93 2.4 Td surf? I would usually go to the engineering shp but they probably dont do them. Also, where can I get tightening torque figures for the big ends, mains etc? While I'm here, any references for insurance would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

I get all my engine bits from Stevo, The Engine Co, he runs a banner ad at the top of the page, just hit refresh a few times till you get it if it not there at the mo.

Torques are normally on a sticker on the back of the rocker cover. but I have them and will post it later.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      on the back of the rocket cover.

Comment

Doh!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

For insurace I use Quinn Direct. I have one years no claims, live in Liverpool and my insurance for this year was £410 for the year Third party fire and theft.

Not bad hey?
          www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Originally posted by gkm24
            Hi, can anyone tell me where I can get a full engine gasket set and also where I can get big end bearings for a 93 2.4 Td surf? I would usually go to the engineering shp but they probably dont do them. Also, where can I get tightening torque figures for the big ends, mains etc? While I'm here, any references for insurance would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.
            Lifesure for the insurance 4 me! 3.0lts £500 fully comp with business use 8 years no claims and Guranteed!

2.4 modified suspension & wheels, 1 years no claims fully comp, £410! (was getting quotes of £900 - £3000!)
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

£265 Fully comp protected with full no claims from peoples choice. Just paid £33 inc vat for bigend shells from kings lynn engines.... bigends 43ft-lbs.... mains 76ft-lbs

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info. I will pull the engine in a week or 2 after I finish rebuilding my convertible for the summer and post my findings.

Comment

Working...
                X