NZ recall on 88-98 4 runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ recall on 88-98 4 runners

letter reads as follows,,,,We advise that over time a crack may develop in the STEERING RELAY ROD.This may occur due to the steering being repeatedly turned under certain conditions where a high steering effort is required,for example, turning the steering wheel whilst the vehicle is not in motion etc,,
    in the worst case, the steering rela rod could fracture causing loss of steering.we suggest you take action as soon as possible,contact us to have it changed free of charge blah blah blah,,, just thought id bring it to your attentions guys,maybe something to look into

Don't ship your truck to Lookers Toyota in Rayleigh, UK for this recall.

Comment

hahahah

Comment

got mine fixed on the recall a few weeks ago. I can safely turn corners now
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by whirly03
          letter reads as follows,,,,We advise that over time a crack may develop in the STEERING RELAY ROD.This may occur due to the steering being repeatedly turned under certain conditions where a high steering effort is required,for example, turning the steering wheel whilst the vehicle is not in motion etc,,
          in the worst case, the steering rela rod could fracture causing loss of steering.we suggest you take action as soon as possible,contact us to have it changed free of charge blah blah blah,,, just thought id bring it to your attentions guys,maybe something to look into
          if your dealers are like they are over here they will say the surfs are not included in the recall and you may have to go through Toyota Japan or whoever is the main company over your side of the water
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Lookers at Rayleigh gave me a right run around, proper bunch of cowboys. They had my truck in 3 times, sent pictures to Japan, spoke to Toyota GB and Europe, generally tried to avoid doing it. Tried to con me in to paying for an AC gas upgrade. That made me laugh! This was about September.

The best bit is: They called me 2 weeks ago asking for a copy of my log book. They need the serial number to claim back their costs from Toyota GB. I told them where to go

Comment

Working...
            X