4wd dash lights flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd dash lights flashing

Hi. I recently used my surf off road in rocky terrain in Portugal and about two days later the 4 wheel drive lights on the dash are permanently flashing and the steering is stiff when cornering etc. I have tried several options to remedy ..ie putting in and out of 4 wheel drive and reversing back and forth etc. but it just stays flashing .It doesnt neither go into or out of 4wd. Can anyone help
    Model is a 96 3.0td kzn185. I have had it for three years and have never had a problem like this. But its the first time I have used it in 4wd for a long time.
    Last edited by fish4chipz; 3 March 2007, 14:19. Reason: adding new details

Originally posted by fish4chipz
    Hi. I recently used my surf off road in rocky terrain in Portugal and about two days later the 4 wheel drive lights on the dash are permanently flashing and the steering is stiff when cornering etc. I have tried several options to remedy ..ie putting in and out of 4 wheel drive but it just stays flashing .It doesnt neither go into or out of 4wd. Can anyone help
    If you scroll to the bottm of this page there are a few links to threads about the 4wd so take a look thru them and see if you can get any help from there also
    Last edited by stormforce; 3 March 2007, 14:20.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

4wd Dashboard Flashing lights permanently

Thanks for the reply. I have had a look through the links below and they all seem to indicate flashing lights when putting into 4wd. Mine are stuck on permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4chipz
        Thanks for the reply. I have had a look through the links below and they all seem to indicate flashing lights when putting into 4wd. Mine are stuck on permanently.
        I think there may be a solenoid on the side or top of the transfer box have a look and see if the wires/plug are still connected

but i wouldn't advise using the truck until you have it sorted as you will get transmission wind-up and cause a lot of damage

Comment

a quick fix to get it back in 2wd is,,, drivers side under bonnet, fuse box, next to fusebox are to solenoids blue and red i think but the only 2 there,, anyway,, take the vacuum pipes of both and put them on the opposite solenoid, this will reverse the coupling solenoids,,, switch of 4wd button and go backwards to disengage 4x4 mode

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            I think there may be a solenoid on the side or top of the transfer box have a look and see if the wires/plug are still connected

but i wouldn't advise using the truck until you have it sorted as you will get transmission wind-up and cause a lot of damage

check his truck's profile Richard!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              check his truck's profile Richard!
              i wasn't sure if there was a solenoid or something that activates the 4wd when the lever or buttons pressed as i don't know anything about the hairdresser mobiles.
              Probably better off leaving them to the more experienced owners then

Comment

Working...
              X