Head woes on 2.4Td AGAIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head woes on 2.4Td AGAIN!!

The water pump failed on my 2.4, taking the new head fitted 18 months ago with it.

The head is cracked between the valves on pistons 1 and 2, but there is a lot of pitting on the head above those pistons, i presume the gasket has been leaking for sometime but it has not been overheating or losing any water

Any ideas and how can i stop having to buy heads every 18 months, this will be the second i have bought in two years.
    ALWAYS WATCHING THAT DAMN TEMPERATURE GAUGE, PARANOIA IS A TERRIBLE THANG

Originally posted by ledgerjim

Any ideas and how can i stop having to buy heads every 18 months, this will be the second i have bought in two years.
    Make sure you buy the upgraded design head, get it fitted by someone who knows what they're doing (mine went twice because a fcukwit fitted the first replacement), keep your cooling system in good working order and pray to god.

Comment

By the way someone has a 2.4 head for sale on ebay that may or may not be the upgraded design but can't be sure. It has no buy it now or reserve so could work out cheap.

Using my extraordinary spy skills, I think I might know who the seller is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        By the way someone has a 2.4 head for sale on ebay that may or may not be the upgraded design but can't be sure. It has no buy it now or reserve so could work out cheap.

Using my extraordinary spy skills, I think I might know who the seller is.....
        Bwahahaha!!!!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Looks like a scammer to me. Make sure he's not in Eastern Europe, or Basingstoke...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The Avenue Wraysbury Staines right by the Thames i know it well.
            Ensure the BLOCK FACE IS SQUARE.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ledgerjim
              The water pump failed on my 2.4, taking the new head fitted 18 months ago with it.

The head is cracked between the valves on pistons 1 and 2, but there is a lot of pitting on the head above those pistons, i presume the gasket has been leaking for sometime but it has not been overheating or losing any water

Change the water pump and head gasket every 17 months.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
              X