X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To turbo or not to turbo?

Gday all.
    I just want to get some feedback,
    I have 85 Lux that i love dearly! (LN65 )but 2.4 diesel is just abit lacking when it is time to go. i am looking into factory turbos to suit 2L surfs.Doing it on the cheap i should get out of it for under 2000.
    My question is, is it worth it ??? Or am i just heading down the road of modification madness?

Thanx All
    Regards Dan

I think you may be heading down that road, I know nothing of parts/vehicle prices outside of the UK. But $2000 seems a lot to spend on trying to gain a bit of power on a 22 year old truck. I fear you may end up not getting the results you want and having to spend more.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

i think we have gone over this subject before,but dont quote me on that.if (vince) is around he might be able to find you the thread,if hes feeling helpful.
      Last edited by surfenstein; 11 February 2007, 16:35.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
        i think we have gone over this subject before,but dont quote me on that.if (vince) is around he might be able to find you the thread,if hes feeling helpful.

When am I ever not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dantheman
          Gday all.
          I just want to get some feedback,
          I have 85 Lux that i love dearly! (LN65 )but 2.4 diesel is just abit lacking when it is time to go. i am looking into factory turbos to suit 2L surfs.Doing it on the cheap i should get out of it for under 2000.
          My question is, is it worth it ??? Or am i just heading down the road of modification madness?

Thanx All
          Regards Dan
          Haven't got a clue m8 but nothing wrong with modification madness, The more mods the better............
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

I'm with Nero on this.
            It's not as easy as just getting hold of a suitable turbo and bolting it on, you'll need all the relevant sensors and wiring looms as well, plus an ECU and fiddling with the fueling.
            I would just do and engine swap for more power, maybe a Supra straight six transplant, drops straight in I believe!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              I'm with Nero on this.
              It's not as easy as just getting hold of a suitable turbo and bolting it on, you'll need all the relevant sensors and wiring looms as well, plus an ECU and fiddling with the fueling.
              I would just do and engine swap for more power, maybe a Supra straight six transplant, drops straight in I believe!

I agree, for 2k you might as well have a complete engine.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Thanx All

i got the same feedback, talkin to mates here. Just go with heart transplant.
                V6 is nice,i think i could get used to the idea.
                Thanx all

Comment

Have you seen this?

http://www.supracharged.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X