hi-lo issues.....still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi-lo issues.....still

The hi -lo box still wont shift, even in P or N. Only way to get the transfer box to engage is to turn the engine off. This morning, I dropped it into lo and reversed a few yards then put the main box in P. Couldnt get the transfer box out of lo! tuned the engine off and with a bit of tuggin I managed to get transfer box back into hi, but no matter what I do it wont go into lo without grating the gears unless i switch off the engine. The 4WD selector buton works fine BTW, as does the the transfer box once I get it into gear. its just the actual problem of shifting. Whats the correct procedure, am I doin it wrong or is something busted?
    BTW thanks to all for the replies to previous postings, your all brill.
    My karma ran over my dogma ..
    Paul

Have you tried it with your foot on the brakes. NEUTRAL or PARK then select HI or LOW.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Is there oil in the transfer case?
      Is the idle speed too high on the engine?

Have you re-newed your rad cap recently?
      What about the thermostat?
      32 p.s.i.
      7.5 litres with filter.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Have you re-newed your rad cap recently?
        What about the thermostat?
        32 p.s.i.
        7.5 litres with filter.
        That's funny Vince

Have you done or got a body lift? The shift lever will foul on the front of the bodywork under the little gaiter - mine does since my lift.

You have to mod the lever or take a BFH to the slot in the body.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

shift probs...

havent checked oil level in transfer box, just kind of assumed it would have some. No body or suspension lifts either. Rad Cap? Thermostat? what?
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Billy-No-Money
            havent checked oil level in transfer box, just kind of assumed it would have some. No body or suspension lifts either. Rad Cap? Thermostat? what?

Hehehe!! it's always the rad cap or thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy-No-Money
              Rad Cap? Thermostat? what?
              Ignore that bit. It was just a Vince moment.

Comment

bugger,someones gone and nicked me transfer box.oh i forgot i dont have one.im with marky on this one have you tried putting box in neutral or park before shifting. ive always done that when it had a transfer box.or maybe i was doing it wrong too.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Transfer box

Cheers Vatchman, yup Ive tried it in neutral and park with the brake on and off but only way to shift without mincing the gears is to switch off the engineTHEN shift.
                  Paul

Comment

Ive got the reverse prob goes into hi and low ok but when in hi i press the 4wd selecter button the 4wd light on dash comes on then goes out and no 4wd witch is grate this wether any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by widdy
                      Ive got the reverse prob goes into hi and low ok but when in hi i press the 4wd selecter button the 4wd light on dash comes on then goes out and no 4wd witch is grate this wether any ideas

You say it goes into (L4) Low range 4WD, but are all four wheels powered?

Comment

if i put it into L4 no light comes on dash and no 4wd i was stuck on ice today it was in high pushed the 4wd button about 6 times got it into 4wd when i got to top of hill took my foot of power light went out and 4wd switced off on its own

Comment

Originally posted by widdy
                          if i put it into L4 no light comes on dash and no 4wd i was stuck on ice today it was in high pushed the 4wd button about 6 times got it into 4wd when i got to top of hill took my foot of power light went out and 4wd switced off on its own

Sounds like you've got a sticking collar on the A.D.D. system.
                          A liberal spraying of WD40 may free it.

It could also be a vacuum leak at the actuator too.

Comment

Thanks for that info i will check it out over weekend cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X