Starting - Idle Up Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting - Idle Up Switch

Not sure about the idle up switch on my surf. Should the switch stay in an ON postion, the one on mine is a rocker switch and when I take my finger off returns to the OFF position!!! Do you need to hold it in whilst starting? or does pressing it on and releasing it operate the idle up? does not seem to make any difference with cold starting. I've searched the forums +++ but can't find owt. thanks
    Last edited by Surf Runner; 8 February 2007, 00:01.

Originally posted by Surf Runner
    Not sure about the idle up switch on my surf. Should the switch stay in an ON postion, the one on mine is a rocker switch and when I take my finger off returns to the OFF position!!! Do you need to hold it in whilst starting? or does pressing it on and releasing it operate the idle up? does not seem to make any difference with cold starting. thanks
    just press the button and it will return.you will hear the revs rise a bit and if you press the switch or the throttle the revs will drop back to tick-over again
    it is jsut to warm the motor on cold mornings or for jump starting or a winch
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

It only works in Park or Neutral, too (assuming you have an auto).

When the engine is idling, press the button. The revs will rise. Press it again to turn it off.
      It just does, OK?

Comment

still confused

Still confused !!!! does the idle up work at all when starting up or will it only work when the engine is running?? thanks again

Comment

When the engine's running.. At idle..

It 'ups' the idle speed
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Still confused !!!! does the idle up work at all when starting up or will it only work when the engine is running?? thanks again
            it only works when the surf is started and on tick-over only as soon as you rev/press the button it cuts back to tick-over again
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its just a gimmick, you don't really need it. Mostly its for increasing the idle when winching or jump starting another car, or you have it on to get the car to warm up quicker while you having a cup of tea, but this is odviously illegal and not enviromentally friendly.

Not sure about the idle up switch on my surf. Should the switch stay in an ON postion, the one on mine is a rocker switch and when I take my finger off returns to the OFF position!!! Do you need to hold it in whilst starting? or does pressing it on and releasing it operate the idle up? does not seem to make any difference with cold starting. I've searched the forums +++ but can't find owt. thanks
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X