Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question!

Hi guys,

I was wondering if i could have some assistance on a decision that i need to make.

I was looking to purchase a 1992 2.4td SSR-G ~(66,000) miles, it does not have the head replaced and the chap is looking for £1750. I will probably have it replaced, as I will leave work to travel Europe for 4-5 months.

Head replacement should be £1200 so the total cost should be around the £3k mark adding in other service bits and bobs.

Is that reasonable or should I hold out?

Am i also correct that the 2.4td 1992 SSR-G models did not have cruise control?

Thanks in advance.

for 3k you could get a 3litre mate, more power, same mpg and the heads are stronger, but not unbreakable
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I wouldn't bother replacing the head unless it goes. You could pick up a 2.4 with the head done for £2k if you keep looking.

I think cruise was an option on all models, standard on none. I have it on my SSRX but have driven and SSRG without it. It's cr@p anyway, it won't cruise above 110kph.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        I wouldn't bother replacing the head unless it goes.
        I need peace of mind when touring! otherwise it will cost a lot more in Europe?

Originally posted by Sancho
        You could pick up a 2.4 with the head done for £2k if you keep looking.
        Its hard to find a ssr-g spec at that price.

thanks Sancho.
        Last edited by monkeyfireonthemoon; 7 February 2007, 18:00.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          for 3k you could get a 3litre mate, more power, same mpg and the heads are stronger, but not unbreakable
          thats it, I've been looking for a surf for 2 months, and surfing the forums. The 3l head issue is on the rise. Additionally, no one can seem to conclusively confirm that the mpg is the same on the different engines.

im going on the physical size of the cylinders and hoping to get as much economy out of the surf, as it will denote how long i can stay out in Europe.

A decent 3.0 ssrg with the head done is around the 4k mark.

thanks Andrew.

Comment

if your on about spending another £1200 on having the head done then why not go for one of the 3l's in the for sale section that are below 3k.
            I know humero's truck is a good truck and that is £2800
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X