Knocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking

Help please chaps, Engine knocking really loud on tick over but fine just above tick over and higher. No loss of power and sound fine and revs freely. Never done it before just started after a long motor way trip. Can any one help,Many thanks in advance.

First thing to check is the level and condition/age of the engine oil.

Comment

Oil

Oil is ok, changed 3.500 miles ago,fortunately it doesnt use much oil if any I havent had to top it up. The head was replaced along with fuel pump water pump,injectors all the top end at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by ALZ
        Oil is ok, changed 3.500 miles ago,fortunately it doesnt use much oil if any I havent had to top it up. The head was replaced along with fuel pump water pump,injectors all the top end at that time.
        That wants fresh oil and filter for starters.

Comment

Will do

Thanks will change oil and filter tomorrow,infact will give it full service have the parts.I was waiting till it had done 5.000 miles before changing.Time to invest in a manual ? to find service intervals.Cheers ALZ

Comment

Originally posted by ALZ
            Thanks will change oil and filter tomorrow,infact will give it full service have the parts.I was waiting till it had done 5.000 miles before changing.Time to invest in a manual ? to find service intervals.Cheers ALZ
            5000km.

Comment

its an oil cooled turbo so oil quality is paramount. as i precaution i change mine every 3000 km. get the service pack from milners for a tenner. worth changing the lot for that price. especially as i run on veggy.
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                5000km.
                And being more helpful:

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ceshcedule.htm

Comment

Mine did exactly the same earlier this month, after going to devon and back. Sounded like a bag of bones on a cold start aswell. Didn't worry too much as i was planning on servicing by the end of the month anyway. Never used any oil up until now and it was fine before i left, but i just dropped it today to change the filter and only 3.5 litres plus what was in the filter in there, oops, here's hoping i done no lasting damage.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                    its an oil cooled turbo so oil quality is paramount. as i precaution i change mine every 3000 km.
                    Hundred percent agree, (on this one). 2000-3000km might be classed as overkill by some peoples standards, but your engine will be all the happier for it.

Comment

3000km

Thanks chaps every 3000km from now on.Something thats 15 years old is worth that bit extra.

Comment

Working...
                      X