Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston rings/block damage on 2.4 cracked head

Hi all,
    Recently managed to kill the head on my '91 2.4. It still turns over, although the compression doesn't sound very healthy and it blows water out of the filler! It still started when it was hot but won't start now it's cooled down. I have sourced a replacement head for it, just wondered if anyone had any experience of (or had heard of) damage to block, rings going soft etc due to the head problem???? It did get VERY hot!!
    All info/help much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    p.s where's the best place for quality head gasket, bolts etc--don't want to do the job twice!!

STEVO is based in Stockport HIGHLY RECOMENDED give him a call 0161-476-6144
    More info here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by dinnertimedave
      Hi all,
      Recently managed to kill the head on my '91 2.4. It still turns over, although the compression doesn't sound very healthy and it blows water out of the filler! It still started when it was hot but won't start now it's cooled down. I have sourced a replacement head for it, just wondered if anyone had any experience of (or had heard of) damage to block, rings going soft etc due to the head problem???? It did get VERY hot!!
      All info/help much appreciated.
      Cheers,
      Dave.
      p.s where's the best place for quality head gasket, bolts etc--don't want to do the job twice!!
      The wife's 2.4 had the exactly same problem when we bought it, I was a bit concerned that it could have damaged the rings, because it would only start with copious amount of "bang water" (easi start) & then it would only run on 3 cylinders, but once it was re-built it runs ok & dosen't blue smoke, it black smokes though..... but I think that was some idiot (me) who set the pump timing incorrect
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Thanks for the replys chaps, the bores look fine, I'm going to put it back together this week.
        Dave.

Comment

Working...
        X