exhaust suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust suppliers

hey everyone, hope you're not getting too bashed about by this stormy weather we're having!!!

anyway, to business - my 2.4 surf needs a new exhaust. well to be more precise it needs part of the exhaust. the tail pipe has sheared off from the silencer ye see. took it round to the local tyres and exhaust places and they cant get hold of the right part so i looked on ebay. now i've bought plenty and sold plenty on ebay, but i'm a little wary of getting something like this from on there.

been onto the roughtrax website and its looking like being £140 +VAT but the ebay ones seem to be roughly £100. i guess my question is; has anyone here got exhaust parts from ebay sellers and did you get on with them ok? the cheaper price is tempting but i'm not sure

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Originally posted by Big Bad Wolvey
    hey everyone, hope you're not getting too bashed about by this stormy weather we're having!!!

anyway, to business - my 2.4 surf needs a new exhaust. well to be more precise it needs part of the exhaust. the tail pipe has sheared off from the silencer ye see. took it round to the local tyres and exhaust places and they cant get hold of the right part so i looked on ebay. now i've bought plenty and sold plenty on ebay, but i'm a little wary of getting something like this from on there.

been onto the roughtrax website and its looking like being £140 +VAT but the ebay ones seem to be roughly £100. i guess my question is; has anyone here got exhaust parts from ebay sellers and did you get on with them ok? the cheaper price is tempting but i'm not sure

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!
    www.milneroffroad.com or http://www.toyotahilux.com/

or find someone that can make up a tailpipe section as you don't really need the tailpipe box anyway
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I think general opinion is that Milners once are a bit tricky to fit but that Roughtrax are fine. Ebay ones might also be a bit of a fight.

Someone (Kitesurf Phil, I think) just took the back section off and had a side exit exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        I think general opinion is that Milners once are a bit tricky to fit but that Roughtrax are fine. Ebay ones might also be a bit of a fight.

Someone (Kitesurf Phil, I think) just took the back section off and had a side exit exhaust.

Me too!
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...7&d=1167940810

Comment

haha yea i saw yours bushwhacker. i'd love to do something like that alas i'm not so skilled in the art of modification and i've never welded anything in my life. i just love the idea of covering boyracers with exhaust fumes!

anyway, thanks for the notes guys, think i'm gonna spend the extra and get it from roughtrax. i've gotten stuff from them before and its all been pretty simple to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Love that exhaust Vince.

Comment

you not think it will get damaged offroading there?
              got an old R1 exhaust I might fit on mine as the only silencer.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Nope, it's tucked right up under the chassis.

Comment

Nope, it's tucked right up under the chassis.
                  i meant the end bit....
                  Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                    i meant the end bit....

Ah right. That's why I welded a flange on it, so last piece that exits the body can be replaced easily

Comment

Ah right. That's why I welded a flange on it, so last piece that exits the body can be replaced easily
                      your not as silly as I look
                      Tim

Comment

Working...
                      X