Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke then no smoke

Hi All

I posted a thread some time ago regarding my Surf smoking and LSUK guy hitting EGR with a hammer.

300miles on and same problem regardless of hitting with hammer. IT still smoked while struggling to get power and running rough till over 40mph then all was fine.

I decided to buy a new EGR valve becuase I felt everything was linked rather than blank it off and in any case I'd probably have done the wrong thing.

I took the truck off the road because I feared that I may have received a prohibition order which would have meant 7 days to repair or s$$$$ vehicle.

2 weeks later and the part arrived I tried starting the truck before replacing the part and all that happened was that it churned our smoke but refused to start.

I changed the valve buy still it wouldn't start. Not having computer for weeks I couldn't contact anyone easily though i spoke to Tony via my sister.

Today I went to start it prior to removing the injectors but it just churned I did'nt even get the smoke this time.

The injectors are now out and off to Bob for checking or replacement hope this works. Any Ideas greatly received. wife wants to convert the thing into a planter this spring.

regards JB Highlander1
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Hi mate!

Good to have you back.

See what happens when the squirters come back, but you still need to think about disconnecting the EGR if it still smokes. The unit may be working fine, but the VSV's could be mixed up and opening the EGR when it shouldn't.

Its no bad thing having the injectors done even so.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks

Have you a picture of Very Silly Valves - how would they get mixed up? Are ]they electrical?

Whatever happened to the good old days where all you needed was air, fuel and compression and cam belts were changed which didn't jump teeth!!

Cheers JB

Comment

I had another look under the bonnet

[IMG]img_0353[/IMG]Hi

is this the vsv on the right

JB

Comment

no pic there J
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I will have to get no1 daughter to help with picture.

cheersJB

Comment

Working...
            X