It Started (but Turbo Problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Started (but Turbo Problem)

Ey'up Now... let's have your full attention !!!
    92' 2.4 New bottom end fitted
    Re yesterdays post "IT STARTED THANKS TO ALL"
    Yes it did start, and purred away like a good'un. Up early this mornig to put the last bits on lights, bumper ect, and to have a good look round for lost sockets,bolts and washers. Fired up first time and let her warm up on the drive,went down the avenue and heard a squeek from engine bay, went back and after a short time realised it was coming from the turbo.
    NOW STAY WITH ME FOLKS.
    Got the block from Stevo in Stockport and when I first cranked it over it spewed oil out from a hole to the left of the oil filter just above the bracket that supports the turbo
    ARE YOU STILL THERE
    OK Me think's check the pipes and connections and lo and behold I find the pick-up pipe to the turbo isn't connected to anything, so I've droped the origional head on and not noticed the metal banjo pipe above the filter!!!!
    DOHHHH !!!!!
    So now I think's aahhh the hole were the oil came out of (and Stevo apologised for perhaps missing a bolt) is where the banjo goes.....
    NOW HERES THE PROBLEM.
    The metal banjo pick up pipe is about thee inches past the hole that I think it goes in.
    JUST TO CLEAR UP ANY OBVIOUS QUESTIONS....
    There is a V shaped bracket that fits round the oil filter (supporting the turbo), above the left hand bolt near the filter is the hole that I pluged up
    The oil pick-up pipe runs about three inches past (to the left) and is just out of sight above it
    PHEWWWWW
    WHERE DOES IT FIT !!!
    Cheers for any hepl or ideas

Col
    All the best

Circled is where it should go......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Circled is where it should go......
      Correct.

Nev

Comment

Ok

Yea that's what i figured, the only thing i can think of is when taking the head off I've put it down on the pipe and bent it.

Cheers fot the help

Col;
        All the best

Comment

Working...
        X