Stopped engine temp guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped engine temp guage

I hope this is simple, but for some reason my engine temp guage has just stopped working. Any ideas!!!!

Originally posted by normski26
    I hope this is simple, but for some reason my engine temp guage has just stopped working. Any ideas!!!!
    Have you checked the wire from the sender? Thermostat houseing, check it has'nt come loose, bad contact, or broken, if thats OK check the plugs on back of instrument panel and fuses
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

silly question

where is sender unit?
      before it stopped I was going up very bumpy road/

Comment

Originally posted by normski26
        where is sender unit?
        before it stopped I was going up very bumpy road/
        It's the wire on the thermostat housing (where the small filler cap is) it plugs on the sender which is screwed into the housing at the front, maybe it's fell or broken off, check the wire back to the loom, I'm assumeing you got a 2nd gen, there's no details in your profile,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

wire

hi
          it's 92, 2.4

Comment

Where your rad cap is, there are two units in the housing underneath it. The wire with the small spade type connector is the one for the temp sensor.

Comment

could be your sender has gone kaput....i had this on the 3.0 litre not long after purchasing it, had to have it diagnosed as under warranty and this was the cause.
              Gaz

Comment

Working...
              X