radiator cold spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator cold spot

having just been to Basingstoke and back to tow a motorbike home the Surf was getting a bit hot on the way back
    surf temp gauge was fine but my extra one stayed a bit too high for a bit too long. when i got out and checked all seemed fine except the top left of the rad was cold and the top hose/right and bottom hose were hot.
    does it sound like a blocked rad inside or could it be a thermostat problem perhaps?
    mud needs blasting out the fins anyway so I can always flush the system when I take the rad out (damn thing, its beacuse of last trip to Bures and im going again in 10 days!)

im thinking of flushing the system and cleaning the rad and fitting a new rad cap and stat then see what happens.... what you think?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Originally posted by dirtydog
    having just been to Basingstoke and back to tow a motorbike home the Surf was getting a bit hot on the way back
    surf temp gauge was fine but my extra one stayed a bit too high for a bit too long. when i got out and checked all seemed fine except the top left of the rad was cold and the top hose/right and bottom hose were hot.
    does it sound like a blocked rad inside or could it be a thermostat problem perhaps?
    mud needs blasting out the fins anyway so I can always flush the system when I take the rad out (damn thing, its beacuse of last trip to Bures and im going again in 10 days!)

im thinking of flushing the system and cleaning the rad and fitting a new rad cap and stat then see what happens.... what you think?

A new thermostat methinks.

Comment

cheers vince ill try and do the other bits anyway if I have time
      Tim

Comment

I'd definitely flush the rad as well.

Comment

Yeah, the top left of the rad is the last bit to warm up, thats how I normally tell the stat has opened when this bit gets hot.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

aha thanks.
            i obviously tempted fate because there was nothing wrong with the car before I suggested visiting you tony for some bits!
            Tim

Comment

Working...
            X