rad problem could it be more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Are the outlets on the rad threaded? maybe get some B.S.P. male hose connectors and screw those in with plenty of PTFE tape on the threads.,

bushwhacker you are a god
    yes they are threaded

whats a B.S.P. male hose connector ?

and where will i get one

Comment

Originally posted by parn
      bushwhacker you are a god
      yes they are threaded

whats a B.S.P. male hose connector ?

and where will i get one

This kind of connector...

http://marinestore.co.uk/page/mrst/C...se-connectors/

Probably get one from plumbers merchant of an air compressor supplies shop. Measure the diameter of the outlets first though.

Comment

Machine Mart.

Comment

update

i tried to get one of those funky bsp fittings but the thread was a funny in between metric type measurement between 3/8" and 1/4" so i couldnt find one.

however i rang roughtrax and they told me that i should have received 2 funky fittings to go on the rad in the box with the radiator, so still having the box (was using it to catch drips from under the car) i had a look and couldnt find em, so the nice lady from roughtrax is sending them out for me first class.

just thought id keep the thread updated in case anyone runs into the same problem.

Comment

Remember to get rid of that washer hose once you reconnect it as well. That
            stuff is only rated for water. It'll not last long being used for ATF fluid.

Comment

yeah that went the journey when i bypassed the radiator

Comment

Working...
              X