Help Needed With Rear Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed With Rear Door

Hi rear window will not go down so i can't open the boot is this a common fault? and can anybody help me with this. Cheers John.

Originally posted by jbnufc
    Hi rear window will not go down so i can't open the boot is this a common fault? and can anybody help me with this. Cheers John.
    have you pressed the window lock button on the drivers door
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

As it's been raining a lot, is the rear wiper 'parked' in it's holder properly?

Comment

the windows are all working apart from the rear door and the wiper is parked properly.

Comment

Have you tried the key and the button? Do neither of them work?
          Are there any noises when you try?
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
            Have you tried the key and the button? Do neither of them work?
            Are there any noises when you try?
            yea all the swearing cause it won't open....
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

not working with boththe key and switch, it was very slow and sometimes needed a slight push to get it up (if you pardem the pun lol).

Comment

not working with boththe key and switch, it was very slow and sometimes needed a slight push to get it up (if you pardem the pun lol).
                If both the keyswitch and the button have stopped working its likely that the wiring at the back where it passes under the truk and into the tailgate is broken or that your "down" relay has expired.

If its been slow for ages it could be the motor itself but very unlikley to cause sudden failure.

Ill guess at the relay board. I did a fix on my 2.4 long ago with details of maplin replacements and its still on here somewhere. Just do a search or wait for vince to post his usual relay board pic to show you where the board is.

Al.
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Throw a brick through the fcking thing. Honestly, if there's one bad thing about surfs it's that dumb arse window. If you do need to replace the relays, find Al's maplin stuff. The actual box costs 250 quid from Toyota.

Comment

through brick at window f*cking thing bounced back and bust my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

through brick at window f*cking thing bounced back and bust my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the window is really slow in operation, it needs a service. Get some nylon/rubber lubricant spray and spray it in the rubber channels where the window glass slides, and some grease on the window mechanism behind the carpet panel on the tailgate.
                      Have the engine running when your testing the window up and down so the batteries won't be drained.
                      If nothing happens at all when you turn the key or press the switch, then the window motor is fubarred.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Comment

You may have to work from inside the truck, it's a pain in the arse but at least you stay dry. You will probably need to lower the tailgate to check for broken wires, so may be worth a try taking 12V direct to the motor see if that works to get the window down.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Working...
                        X