yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timing belt change (warning light) at 90k miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt change (warning light) at 90k miles?

My t-belt warning light came on at 90k miles, but I was told that the belts are changed at 60k intervals. Is it correct for it to have come on at this mileage?

It was changed at around 60k, and this was about 5 years ago, so is the warning light on a timer as well as the odometer?

I will probably have a go myself and have checked out all the posts for instructions, but how likely is it that a new tensioner will be needed, and what about a tensioner spring?

cheers

yeah, assuming its was reset promptly at 60k, it shouldn't come on till 120k miles, unless someone has played silly buggers with the mileage.

The tensioner spring should be OK, the idlers is are on their second belt change so it wouldn't hurt to change them, but depends on how the bearings feels really.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks

The vehicle came from a reputable(!) dealer who had it from new - it was leased/hired and serviced regularly. From their records, the belt was changed just before I had it, so I think I can assume that it has only done under 30k on the new belt.

So I am a bit confused as to why it would come on now.

With regards to the idler and tensioner, is it just a case of giving them a bit of a wiggle to see if there is any movement? Should there be no play at all?

Comment

Working...
      X