Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you fit an efi into a non efi?

Hi all,

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? I have an EFI engine spare and wondered if it will fit in my non efi surf (which appears to have some busted big end bearings? I don't particularly want to convert my surf to efi, so can i retro fit all the non efi bits to the other engine and away we go?

Failing that, how easy is it to get things like new main and big end bearings for the 2lt engine?

Thanks

Originally posted by nutter
    Hi all,

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? I have an EFI engine spare and wondered if it will fit in my non efi surf (which appears to have some busted big end bearings? I don't particularly want to convert my surf to efi, so can i retro fit all the non efi bits to the other engine and away we go?

Failing that, how easy is it to get things like new main and big end bearings for the 2lt engine?

Thanks
    I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS SORT OF THING but I believe they're pretty much the same so will physically fit, but you need all sorts of wires and stuff for a 2LTE that you don't have on a 2LT (all the electronic bits I suppose ).

Wouldn't it be easier to replace the knackered bits in the in-situ 2LT with spares from the 2LTE?

Comment

Good point, but i figured if i stripped down the 2lte engine and just tansfered the block itself (then fit all the 2lt bits). I theoretically wouldn't have any spare wires??

The problem with you second suggestion is that the knackered bits on the 2lt engine appear to be inside the block itself ... Which brings me back to the question as to whether the two blocks are fundamentally the same?

Comment

Originally posted by nutter
        Hi all,

Thanks
        give stevo a try http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i know the crankshafts are different, the later efi has a sensor notch cut out, i would be interested if the engine is for sale.
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Well i have spoken to Stevo, and he tells me that the blocks are essentially the same (except for the crank sensor, but you can leave that disconnected).

Terry,

I'll let you know about the engine if i decide to fix the existing one. If you need anything else give me a shout. I'm only down the road to you so come and have a gander!

Comment

Working...
            X