Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries are flapping around!

Hi all,

My batteries don't seem to be secured to my surf by any means other than gravity . I can't find anyway to strap them down either? I assume i'm missing some piece of equipment, has anyone got a photo of how the batteries are meant to be held in place.

thanks!

Originally posted by nutter
    Hi all,

My batteries don't seem to be secured to my surf by any means other than gravity . I can't find anyway to strap them down either? I assume i'm missing some piece of equipment, has anyone got a photo of how the batteries are meant to be held in place.

thanks!
    No photo handy, but each of my batteries has a bracket to hold them down. The bracket has a long J shaped rod on one end that hooks into a hole in the wheel arch behind the battery, and then the other end of the bracket bolts onto the top of the bulkhead above each headlight.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
      No photo handy, but each of my batteries has a bracket to hold them down. The bracket has a long J shaped rod on one end that hooks into a hole in the wheel arch behind the battery, and then the other end of the bracket bolts onto the top of the slam panel above each headlight.

sorry, pedantic head on today!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Cheers Vince. I couldn't remember the name of the damn thing, and in an effort to give an answer before you did I just used the nearest word that sort of fitted.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          in a worzel gummidge voice.............eehh cup tea and slice of cake
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            No photo handy, but each of my batteries has a bracket to hold them down. The bracket has a long J shaped rod on one end that hooks into a hole in the wheel arch behind the battery, and then the other end of the bracket bolts onto the top of the bulkhead above each headlight.
            The front bulkhead is also known as a slam panel in the motor trade.

Is that one to Slugsie then?
            Last edited by lclascaris; 22 November 2006, 15:41.

Comment

cool cheers, you go ahead and argue between yourselves . I'm off to find some brackets!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X