inquiries from an newbie SURFerwannabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theapprentice
    *** by the way, matt, could you please tell me the materials I will need to come up with an oil catch can just like that of N95Ks? I think he just posted the almost finished products, but he forgot to post the materials needed...
    You can use pretty much anything. It depends upon which materials you
    prefer working with. Some people use plastic pipe and fittings, you can
    use airline type fittings, brass/copper pipe and copper plumbing fittings,
    or if you are adept at welding or tig work, steel or aluminium. Whatever
    materials you have to hand and can work with will suffice.

Comment

sigh! no update yet about the vacuum hoses.... the illustration guide about the parts name and serials appertains to the 2LTD alone... no illustration about the 2LTE....

sir where are your promises?.....

Comment

sigh! no update yet about the vacuum hoses.... the illustration guide about the parts name and serials appertains to the 2LTD alone... no illustration about the 2LTE....

sir where are your promises?.....
        Try this link to a previous thread.
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...3&d=1108663734
        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
          Try this link to a previous thread.
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...3&d=1108663734
          sir gary, i think that was the illustration i was referring at... i think it's for the direct injection type (2LT) not for the 2L-TEfi (auto)
          Last edited by theapprentice; 21 November 2006, 00:53.

Comment

sir gary, i think that was the illustration i was referring at... i think it's for the direct injection type (2LT) not for the 2L-TEfi (auto)

I will take some photos of the correct set-up in the morning. My camera doesn't take good night photos.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              I will take some photos of the correct set-up in the morning. My camera doesn't take good night photos.
              sigh.... wheeew! thanks sir bushwhacker... i will really need that correct set-up photo... will wait for it... thanks again sir.

Comment

sir simon O., i am still waiting for your post regarding my inquiry... that is why i've been asking around (i hope you didn't forget about it)
                I have just got back.
                O.k the main problem we have is that yours is a 2LTE Auto and mine is a 2LT manual.
                There are a couple of differences in the way your vac hoses are compared to mine as mine also had two additional solenoids.
                They are all gone now and the mechanical boost compensator on the pump gets its feed direct from the manifold.
                The throttle butterfly is dead and the egr is solid blanked off.
                They are soon to be removed entirely.
                The link to the hose diagram is correct for the 2LT but I am guessing that the 2LTE is different judging by your photos.
                Sorry that I can not be of much more help than that.
                Simon.O.
                '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

sigh.... wheeew! thanks sir bushwhacker... i will really need that correct set-up photo... will wait for it... thanks again sir.

Ian, I found these photos, I hope they help you...........http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...osition+sensor

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Ian, I found these photos, I hope they help you...........http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...osition+sensor
                    thanks sir vince. sure it did help... now that i changed the vacuum hoses connections, i can't seem to make my TURBO LIGHT UP on my panel compared to the previous connections that it has....
                    oh my.... what happened now????

Comment

CHECK THE SHORT RUBBER PIPE AT THE END OF THE GREEN ARROW IN THE PHOTO IS ATTATCHED SECURELY.

sorry for shouting!

Comment

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH surf angels

To those of you who never got tired of replying.... thank you very much sir. finally, i found the right haven to ask questions about my surf.

sir vince, i already checked the fittings and yes it is securely in place. i took off the battery recently and brought it back after a while... haven't tried stepping on the gas hard yet... maybe this afternoon after work....

sir n95k, thanks for the oil catch can idea.

sir matt, haven't started my oil catch can separator yet... but i was wonderin i could just cut off the top portion of the aircon/drier canister and just drill 2 15mm hole on its sides instead?

sir simon O., sir mike and sir gary thank you for all the help.

I really appreciate your help sirs. May your tribe increase...

i hope you won't get tired of my inquiries....

Comment

Working...
                        X