Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head paranoia

Have 92 2.4TD SSSRX

Beginning to get paranoid about cylinder head popping.

Checked engine bay today- found side of engine block was wet-probably oil. But noticed that there was some strange bubbling from the area where the block and head meet, at least I think thats where the block and head meet-but I am no mechanic!
    When the engines running there is a small amount of bubbling from this area, I wondered whether it is the head gasket, theres no major trauma going on and the engine isn't overheating, but like I said maybe I'm getting paranoid about it.

Have posted a thread about oil in my turbo inlet pipe, had great reply.

Just wondered if theres a good way of knowing your heads blowing or about to blow, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot folks.

Dont Rely On The Temp Guage Mate As It Never Goes Above 1/2 Way
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by whitespider
      Have 92 2.4TD SSSRX

Beginning to get paranoid about cylinder head popping.

Checked engine bay today- found side of engine block was wet-probably oil. But noticed that there was some strange bubbling from the area where the block and head meet, at least I think thats where the block and head meet-but I am no mechanic!
      When the engines running there is a small amount of bubbling from this area, I wondered whether it is the head gasket, theres no major trauma going on and the engine isn't overheating, but like I said maybe I'm getting paranoid about it.

Have posted a thread about oil in my turbo inlet pipe, had great reply.

Just wondered if theres a good way of knowing your heads blowing or about to blow, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks a lot folks.
      This is a subject covered at great lengths on here before, not being funny but do a search for 'head/s' you will find loads of info.

Not sure on your bubbling, not yet heard of anyone who has had a head gone lose water from this area. Most have overflowed out the expansion tank.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Working...
      X