Front Diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Diff

I'm hoping to change my front diff oil before it rains. I've took the bash plate off and I've been trying to find the filler plug for the last 30 minutes to no avail. Can someone direct me to it please?

Facing the front of the car is it on the left or right of the diff? Are there any 'landmarks' to go by? Can it actually be seen/accessed without moving the aircon?

I have read everything on the diff on the forum and have got myself a hoselock - so far though I have nowhere to insert the tube!
    Vic

It's on the front of the diff. Will try to find a pic unless someone beats me to it.

Nev

Comment

That will be great Nev
      Vic

Comment

See green line.
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 October 2006, 16:00.

Comment

Brilliant - thanks Nev and Vince.
          Vic

Comment

I can see the fill hole at last - and the breather. There's no way I can get to it though. I think I need to remove the aircon condenser. Is it safe to do this without discharging the gas?
            Vic

Comment

You can unbolt it from the chassis, and there should be enough slack/movement in the pipes to enable you to get at the diff bolt, but make sure you support the condenser as it will be heavy as the twin fans are attatched to it.

Comment

Thanks a lot Vince. I'll be doing that in the morning.
                Vic

Comment

Vince's reference to the green line is lost! Just lifted this from another thread, nicking your bandwidth Tony

Is the filler plug on the carrier cover part 400 with the big 24mm nut on it, directly under the breather?

Wax on, wax off

Comment

Yep, that's it.

Nev

Comment

Great, thanks
                      Wax on, wax off

Comment

Working...
                      X