Conversion 2.4 to 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion 2.4 to 2.8

Quick question on converting my 1989 2.4lt surf to the 2.8lt, whether anyone knows if it is a straight forward bolt in or whether there is need for adaptors and conversion kits etc.

Originally posted by SIC-69
    Quick question on converting my 1989 2.4lt surf to the 2.8lt, whether anyone knows if it is a straight forward bolt in or whether there is need for adaptors and conversion kits etc.
    I think it can be done as i know some of our freinds across the water have done it, infact its an option i would think of doing if my head went. the only problem is where to get a 2.8 engine from??

not sure if its a straight bolt on or not though if nev checks out this thread im sure he will be able to point you in the right direction...

NEEEEVVVVVV???????
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Engine mounts etc are the same so bolts straight in. Not sure if you will have the correct exhaust manifold on the '89 to bolt up the turbo to the 3L block. There is a difference in early and later models of 2L-T exhaust manifolds. It's been done quite a bit in Australia so check out the Aussie forum for more info. I don't have personal experience with this conversion.

Nev

Comment

Working...
      X