X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help black engine smoke !!

Hi,

was wonderinf if someone can help me ?

When I pull off or rev the 2.4TD Hilux surf I get black smoke, I know it is a desiel but is there a way to stop it from smoking so much, I have seen on ebay that there are some guys selling a cure that stops the black clouds of smoke, but I am scepticle

CVheers for any help JC

Your right to be sceptical. Do a search on Black Smoke, you'll find all the info you need.
    Brian

Comment

Black smoke help !!

Hi,

I did a search on the website for black smoke and it said nothing found, have you got a link for it ?

Cheers
      JC

Comment

Originally posted by taters02
        Hi,

I did a search on the website for black smoke and it said nothing found, have you got a link for it ?

Cheers
        JC
        do a search on here for EGR mod and that will give you all the info you need and cost the price of a cable tie to do it
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Renew your air filter too, a dirty or clogged filter will cause black smoke, which is unburnt diesel.
          Oh, and here's the EGR modification.....

Comment

Dont put so much veggie oil in the tank

LOL
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Heeeeeeeelllllllppppppppp !!

I have done the EGR mod, does not seem to make much difference !!!

It almost feels like she is mis-firring, the hilux is also quite flat power wise when pulling off.

When you rev her it smokes clouds of black, and a friend said it sounds like the engine is misfirring, he reckons it could be an injector or it might be the pump !!!!

The power is very flat and when I do put my foot down you get loads of black smoke pumping out the exhaust, it smells like diesel almost if it is running to rich !!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, you can email on taters@btinternet.com

Cheers
              JC

Comment

put the EGR back on to try and deduce whats goin on....

Try redex for diesels to clear the carbon deposits on the injectors...just shove a full bottle in

May need injectors reconditioned/new injector

pump problem / timing off
                Gaz

Comment

Working...
                X