Engine vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy1
    Got the verdict this evening. One dual mass flywheel is well forked. Haven't seen it but I'm told there are bits everywhere. Roughtrax have a solid one on the website so I'll order that in the morning after I've spoken to them. (That solid one wasn't there last night, was it??).
    Thanks to all for your help again.

Andy
    You could go for the 4Runner Solid Flywheel conversion, which could work out cheaper (see my earlier comments) and you won't have to worry about it falling apart again. You do need the correct clutch parts to match but you could check with Toyota to see if your existing pressure plate and thrust bearing are ok. You will definatey need the sprung driven plate.

Apparently, all the English 4Runners have the solid flywheel anyway.
    Brian

Comment

I spoke to the Roughtrax chap this morning and he was not interested in giving me any discount whatsoever. He did say that they match up the clutch parts and it comes with 8 flywheel bolts. It's almost £200 cheaper than the Dual Mass at £305 +VAT complete. And it ain't going to come to bits!!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1
        I spoke to the Roughtrax chap this morning and he was not interested in giving me any discount whatsoever. He did say that they match up the clutch parts and it comes with 8 flywheel bolts. It's almost £200 cheaper than the Dual Mass at £305 +VAT complete. And it ain't going to come to bits!!

Andy
        That's definately a saving over parts direct from Toyota. I had a look at the site and the kit does'nt seem to include the PILOT BEARING thats sits in the rear of the crank shaft. I'd recommend getting this replaced at the same time. Toyota's price for this is £5.02 +vat (3.0L version).

Whilst the gearbox is out you may want to consider also replacing the rear crank oil seal. It's expensive from Toyota at £42.30+vat for the 3.0L version. Also, the front gearbox oil seal is worth doing at £8.97+vat from Toyota for the 3.0L version. I know it's extra expense but you'll kick youself if either start leaking shortly after it's all been put back togeather.

Good luck.
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X