2.4 Surf Don't Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 Surf Don't Go

Can any body help. I have a 1991 2.4 LN130 SSR Ltd. The truck ran fine until I parked it up for about 4 weeks. When I did try to start it, it fired up OK the usual bit of smoke, ticked over lovely. The problem came when i went to rev it 1500 to 2000 revs max. foot flat to the floor revs up and down between tickover and 2000 revs. Drove the truck home, it seemed to get better but now it has given up and will not start at all.
    Things i have found

11v then 7v on Glow plug rail, belive to be OK

Have run the diag on the ECU code 1 all OK

Fuel cut off soleoid has no power to it put 12v on it and it works and the truck runs very badly lots of smoke and reving its self.

Any ideas ?

First thing to check would be the vacuum pipes.

Especially the one highlighted in red:

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/images/4x4/...umhoses2lt.jpg
    Last edited by MattF; 19 September 2006, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Bev
      Can any body help. I have a 1991 2.4 LN130 SSR Ltd. The truck ran fine until I parked it up for about 4 weeks. When I did try to start it, it fired up OK the usual bit of smoke, ticked over lovely. The problem came when i went to rev it 1500 to 2000 revs max. foot flat to the floor revs up and down between tickover and 2000 revs. Drove the truck home, it seemed to get better but now it has given up and will not start at all.
      Things i have found

11v then 7v on Glow plug rail, belive to be OK

Have run the diag on the ECU code 1 all OK

Fuel cut off soleoid has no power to it put 12v on it and it works and the truck runs very badly lots of smoke and reving its self.

Any ideas ?

Could be a fuel problem. Try pumping the primer on top of the fuel filter after the engine has started, there may be some air in the fuel after standing for so long. Also, undo the fuel filler cap to release the vacuum, it may or may not help.

Comment

Still Don't Go

Thanks for the replys but have tryed both and still no go. Does anybody have or know of a manual for the 2L-TE engine. I have a manual that covers the 2L-T engine but the pump and associated electronic gubbins for the 2L-TE is totaly different.

Are Toyota trying to cover up this existance of this engine, do i have to be sworn into some secret F@#%ing organisation to get the F@#%ing info to fix the F@#%ing dam truck.

Very very sorry it was a long night and still no go...............

Cheers Dave B

Comment

Working...
        X