oily mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oily mats

I have got oil keeps running onto the nearside floor mat in my 2.4 surf i have had the glove box out there appears to be a cover with a drain which goes back thro the bulkhead i have tried to get this off, but it must be fixed up the back. All the sponge seals appear soaked in oil i assume there is the air con condensater ? behind the panel do they put oil in air con systems as this gone or is it something worse, you can smell oil in the cab anybody any ideas cheers.

oily mats

just had a thought how does the oil pressure gauge work is it electric or does it have a pipe to it?.

Comment

Electric, there's about four multi-plugs at the rear of the clocks.
      for all the gauges and illumination etc...

re: your oily mat, there is an evaporator behind the glovebox, in the middle box between the heater matrix and the blower motor. It has two pipes conected to it that come from the compressor, and yes, they will have lubricating oil in them.

Comment

oily mats

thanks for that guess it leaks then, tried to get cover off but failed dont no why it doesnt go down drain tho as it is clear.

Comment

It could be a weaping heater matrix . It can appear oily because of the antifreeze in the coolant . A small leak can lead a build up of coolant which the water evaporates from leaving a smell (sometimes like curry smell) in the cab .Coolant level does not show any lose either .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

wondered bout the heater does steam up if u put heater on know the smell you mean with leaking heater not had that liquid feels oily to the touch, not put any water in car in the year i have had it will have to keep investigating many thanks .

Comment

Working...
            X