X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Have A Split Vacume Line!!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

tried the pipe thing, nothing happened. put it in low, in neutral, with handbrake on , then put it into drive and i felt a sudden jerk without touching the throttle

Comment

iam having the same problem at the mo i hav tried evrythink and still not working. there must b sum1 who can solve it!!!!

Comment

had same problem mine was the vacume pipes works fine now`

Comment

could be 4x4 ecu or solanoide but vecume pipe is first thing to play around with` then the wire leading to the switch on the stick under the plastick cover

Comment

when all 4 wheels are jacked up, 4wd engaged, rear wheels go round but the front wheels stay still, but front pop shaft goes round, there is no noise .is it the diff that is broke?

Comment

The ADD system ain't working for some reason. Electrical or vacuum problem.

Comment

what is ADD? so that means it isnt the diff? and what sort of electrical or vaccum problem could it be, sorry for all the questions but i got a mechanic looking at it this week and he wants an idea on where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by crazydonna5
                    what is ADD? so that means it isnt the diff? and what sort of electrical or vaccum problem could it be, sorry for all the questions but i got a mechanic looking at it this week and he wants an idea on where to look.
                    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/add.htm

Comment

thanks very much, very useful

Comment

Behind the vertical plastic panel, in front of the gearlever surround, and under the ashtray/cigar lighter, there is a black box that contains all the electronics for the ADD system, you should hear it click when the 4wd button is pressed on the short transfer lever. Maybe the problem is to do with that box.

Comment

Has it had manual hubs fitted that you don't know about?
                          I like Orientals

Comment

no manual hubs, but is there anyway of overriding and putting in free wheeling hubs, local toyota garage says they know nothing of surfs, at wits end now, getting to stage i wanna sell!

Comment

Originally posted by crazydonna5
                              is there anyway of overriding and putting in free wheeling hubs
                              Yeah, leave it in 2wd.

Comment

Working...
                              X