Oil and filter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil and filter change

Just about to do my first oil and filter change. I looked on the aussie tech site for their step by step instructions, but it sounds like they are talking about a different generation engine - this brings me to my first newbie question of the day - could someone define 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen etc, for me please. Ta.

My main reason for posting is for tips on the oil and filter change and/or a link to a relevant webpage.

I have tried searching this forum but all I get is stuff about Veg oil.

A couple of questions - is access to the drain plug and filter from underneath the car or above? Is there a way of cleaning the oil tank once I have drained it?

Thanks guys.
    Vic

Well, I can do the first one.

First Gen - Ran from the earlyish 80s to about 89. Looks cool. Pick up with two rows of seats and a plastic roof over the back. Big chrome grill. Massive cheesy stickers down the side.

Second Gen - Ran from late 80s to about 95. What most people have. Looks like an estate version of a Hilux. Chrome side steps. Often fairly massive cheesy stickers down the side.

Third Gen - From about 95 to a few years ago. Looks like a big Vitara . Much 'smoother' looking than the other two and a bit more deluxe. If you like plastic . Has proper four wheel drive that doesn't try to tear itself apart if you turn it on whilst on tarmac.

Fourth Gen: From a few years ago to now. Looks like a bucket of smashed crabs.

You have Second Gen with a 2LTE engine. Probably.

Something to do with removing a wheel arch liner to get to the oil filter. Someone else will tell you about that very soon.

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/oilrenew.htm

Comment

$$$$$$ brilliant!!!

All questions answered and problems solved within an hour - thanks Sancho and Bushwhacker
        Vic

Comment

Working...
        X