What is this cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this cable?

Can anyone identify this cable/connection that I discovered while flushing the rad, and if so what it should be connected to?

[IMG]www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20 923&stc=1&d=1157431216[/IMG]
    Vic

Horn? Some surfs have two so if yours does then maybe one is disconnected. Could also be for foglights if there is a second cable on other side.

Nev

Comment

Could be for the electric fan
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

have you got a spare aftermarket switch and an extra relay by the fuses? could be for spotlights
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

My money's on foglights.

Is everyone else's thermostat housing all covered in rust? I should change my ad on ebay if a clean one is remarkable...

Comment

i had a cable and joining block the same on my old 2.4 and it was for the spot lights
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
              Horn? Some surfs have two so if yours does then maybe one is disconnected. Could also be for foglights if there is a second cable on other side.

Nev
              If it's the same as mine, the horn wire would be coming down the nearside of the
              vehicle. Mine has a twin sounder on the bulkhead with a wire running to an empty
              connector at the front.

Comment

Would also recommend that you put an original Toyota rad cap on, rather than a
                generic compatible. Only a nitpick, but for the minor price difference, a worthwhile
                investment.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Would also recommend that you put an original Toyota rad cap on, rather than a
                  generic compatible. Only a nitpick, but for the minor price difference, a worthwhile
                  investment.
                  That might explain the rust I suppose. Obviously no-one else shares my fascination there though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    That might explain the rust I suppose. Obviously no-one else shares my fascination there though.....
                    I noticed as well, but you'd already mentioned it. The amount of rust on that
                    housing is a sign of something untoward in the cooling system, but may be from
                    an old problem. Could definitely do with whipping off and scrubbing, though.

Comment

Thanks for the advice MattF - I'll get a Toyota rad cap at the weekend. The rust effect is from an old problem that was sorted out. The rad has been flushed and cleaned.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the cable - most people go for spotlights. Either way it seems that it's nothing to worry about.
                      Vic

Comment

Working...
                      X