speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo

can anyone tell me is there a fuse for electric speedo's,and where is it, ta

Hi John, sorry, haven't replied to your Email yet. I don't think there is a fuse for the speedo, it picks up it's signal from the gearbox sensor. The only thing I can sugest is check the connections behind the speedo and on the gearbox. If all looks o.k. then a new/replacement speedo head is needed.
    Mine stopped working over a year ago and I still haven't got it fixed yet. It just suddenly stopped working one day. I've had the speedo out and had a close look at the connections, solder joints and wires, but found nothing visually wrong with it. Just waiting 'till I see one cheap enough on Ebay or at a breakers.

Comment

i have read it on here somewhere that there somtimes is a dry joint that causes a prob on the back of the console, but then again if you have checked that then ill just shut up and go to bed!!!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I've dabbed all the solder joints with a soldering iron, and checked the very fine wires that go into the coil on the back of the speedo mechanism.

Nuffink!!

Comment

thats that idea then!!!

i once had a cable fall out of the gear box end but that was because there was no circlip in it!!
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Mine isn't a cable, it's electronic
            . One thing I haven't checked is the sensor on the transmission, maybe tomorrow.

Comment

speedo

Thanks for the info, have ordered a speedo face from roughtrax, will check behind speedo when putting new face on, is it right that when you have put the new face on, before replacing the needle you have to turn the ignition on? believe this applies to electronic speedo's. cheers.

Comment

Fit the new face with the two screws, connect the plugs and switch on ignition, then fit needle at zero. Switch off and finish re-fitting the dash back together.
                Attached Files

Comment

speedo

thanks vince, but do i have to unplug the conecters or can i not just change the face?

Comment

You'll need to get the clear plastic cover off the front of the clocks, so You'll need to get the whole unit out.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash.htm

Comment

speedo

ok thanks, let you know how it goes, not doing it till monday.

Comment

Working...
                      X