Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nearside front outer cv boot

hi all,
    does anyone have an exploded diagram of the front ns outer cv joint and hub assembly? just noticed mines split to bu**ery so want to get it done before the joint goes big time?are there any other parts i should get whilst doing this (in case i break anything lol!!) any pictures/ clues or a walkthrough greatly appreciated cheers...

sorry found it all should learn to scroll down more often d'oh!!!
    Last edited by WARRIOR72; 27 August 2006, 09:53.
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
    hi all,
    does anyone have an exploded diagram of the front ns outer cv joint and hub assembly? just noticed mines split to bu**ery so want to get it done before the joint goes big time?are there any other parts i should get whilst doing this (in case i break anything lol!!) any pictures/ clues or a walkthrough greatly appreciated cheers...

sorry found it all should learn to scroll down more often d'oh!!!
    this may help!!!http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/cvjoints.htm
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

thanks slim i found it two seconds after posting lol cheers
      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

CV's been there done that

Hi
        just a little tip,as yesterday I did both cv's on mine ,take out the bottom bolt of shock absorber and swing it out of the way makes getting the shaft out a lot easier.If I was doing them agian I'd change both boots as a matter of course, I have to take one off again (one day ) as I did.nt get other boots and one is looking a bit grim.
        And one other thing is, on the download of boots it mentions two bolts to remove hub flange ,make sure they are H/T bolts as they snap otherwise, then your down to drilling them out etc. Tighten them up tight a little at a time each,you can see when the flange starts to move (watch the joint) then slacken them off. The spring washers it mentions are actually collets keep your hand over them as you slacken, as they do ping off.
        good luck
        Last edited by gillcover; 28 August 2006, 20:28.

Comment

Working...
        X