servicing enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servicing enquiry

hi all gonna service the beast soon and was wondering about oils etc... i think the handbooks all say use dextron 2 for the auto box..has anyone tried the new improved dextron 3? would this be better or could it damage the clutches/ o rings in the auto box?also i was gonna use 5/30 synthetic oil but looking on the site would 10/30 semi synth be better?? one final question.. has anyone used the usa lucas auto gearbox additive?i sometimes get a harsh change into fourth (actually its more like getting hit up the a**e by a scania) and i wondered about peoples views/opinions or experiences with additives. any input greatly recieved ,cheers guys
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Dextro III replaces Dextron II so thats o.k.
    I've been using 15/40 semi-synthetic engine oil for over two years now, all o.k.
    Regarding your transmission problem, it maybe sorted with a fluid change, especially if the fluid is brown or smells burnt. I wouldn't use additives in the transmission, as it only 'masks' problems causing an even bigger repair bill when something does break. Redex in the fuel tank is fine.

Comment

Working...
    X