blocked nipples??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blocked nipples??

hi servicing my surf and cant seem to get grease into nipples on propshafts they cant all be blocked can they? also red engine light been coming on how can i find out what its warning me about.

Blocked nipples

Just replace them!

The little BB in the end quite often rusts solid if it hasn't been used/at all in a while.

Try Chromwell tools, www.cromwell.co.uk

Can't remeber what size though, could be M6???
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

rusty nipples

Try giving the little ball bearing in the centre of the nipple a SMALL tap with a SMALL hammer. Once you have done this you should replace them, but at least you will get some grease into them whilst you source replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jonah
        Can't remeber what size though, could be M6???
        Yup, M6.

Comment

ta guys think i'll get some new ones i need some for ball joints anyway.

Comment

At least one and possibly more gtease nipples in the original uni joints are pressed in nipples and not screw in. How do I know? One of mine fell out while pulling the grease gun off. This was on the front uni on the front shaft.

Nev

Comment

I'm just doing the same, greasing all the bits underneath. Is it normal to have to apply so much force to get the gun off when you've finished stuffing it in?

Comment

Working...
              X