can anybody help me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anybody help me please

i have a 2.4 td 1989 hilux ln130 i think,,not that that matters lol,,,basically i have a prob with my heater in the truck,,it only blows on setting number 4 the highest,,now i have heard of a bunch of resistors hidden in the depth's of the passenger piping that controll the speeds,,,they must be blown or something,,has anybody fixed got pics or can anybody help me locate these resistors,,im stuck as you can see,,,ATM its winter here and cold ,if i put my heater on it cools my truck down lol and the air is just luke warm brrr its horrible ,,,,Please Please jim can you fix it for me lol thank's guys from a POM on tour lol

umm

whilst im at it i have a sound coming form the front that sounds like tyre slap on the road (flap flap flap etc) sounds like a wheel bearing has gone but i have had them checked and they were fine,,any ideas lol,, it makes alot of noise also when going slow it feels abit rough ish grindy is maybe the word( i get feeling through the steering wheel)

Comment

Pic attached. Resistor is in the bottom of housing behind motor which has been removed here. Early models have a smaller resistor block than later models and differ. Early models have exposed wires and later models have then enclosed in a ceramic block.

Nev

Comment

thanks for that,,,do you think it will be easy to fix? just wondering lol thanks again night all )

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Pic attached. Resistor is in the bottom of housing behind motor which has been removed here. Early models have a smaller resistor block than later models and differ. Early models have exposed wires and later models have then enclosed in a ceramic block.

Nev
          This is what it/they look like, Hope this Helps

There's Always A Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
          Attached Files
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Open wire-wound resistors - yeeeeeuk! No wonder they changed the design.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              Open wire-wound resistors - yeeeeeuk! No wonder they changed the design.
              Yep. Not good. Unfortunately the newer ceramic encased type is larger than the open type and will not fit. Only option is find a good used one or new from Toyota.

Nev

Comment

sweet as cheers nev,,great job on the pics,,nasty looking resistor coils aye,,hmm might be a mission fixing them lol,,,gonna have to get one from the wreckers yard or toyota shop,,,,thanks once again

Comment

Working...
                X