Warning lights eehh???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning lights eehh???

more thicko questions..Just bought an 89 ssr ltd from an old boy giving up driving. It was cheap but...he thought it might have a wee electrical problem.
    Alternator duff(see other thicko questions) and warning lights had come on. water in the fuel, but he'd had the filter changed and it does look newish, also timing belt light stays on despite proodding the reset button, it goes dim then comes back just as bright. There is a bill to say it was changed at 87,000 it's at 121,00 now. Also two lights on the speedo one showing green on the left of the needle one on the right showing orange..is this good news or bad news....
    Any ideas would be very welcome..
    cheers
    dinna say eh?....say fit?

Originally posted by leo's dad
    more thicko questions..Just bought an 89 ssr ltd from an old boy giving up driving. It was cheap but...he thought it might have a wee electrical problem.
    Alternator duff(see other thicko questions) and warning lights had come on. water in the fuel, but he'd had the filter changed and it does look newish, also timing belt light stays on despite proodding the reset button, it goes dim then comes back just as bright. There is a bill to say it was changed at 87,000 it's at 121,00 now. Also two lights on the speedo one showing green on the left of the needle one on the right showing orange..is this good news or bad news....
    Any ideas would be very welcome..
    cheers
    I would say there's something funnny going on with the electrics making the dash go weird. Probably linked to the alternator problem? I am no expert on these things though....

Assuming we're talking about the same thing, the green light is to show that the turbo's going, red light is the engine check to say something's gone wrong. It shouldn't be on, but the turbo light will always be on at above about 2750 rpm.

I'd get the alternator sorted before I worried too much about the lights though.

Comment

my warning lights

just seen some old posts to scottidog who had the same problem..fixed by replacing the alternator
      cheers all

Comment

Probably just the alternator needing new brushes. Might be a cheaper fix if it's something you can organise.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

cheers mate..... any idea as to where I can get new brushes...oh yeah alternator was a cow to come out!! can't wait to put it back in and tweak those belts!!!

Comment

Working...
          X