which alternator for a 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which alternator for a 2.4

possibly a bit of a stupid question but... Are all the alternators for a 2.4 surf the same? or Which alternator fits my 89 2.4? I've seen mentions of ones fitting from a hi ace and something else but now I need that info I can't remember....old age..
    Once I know the answer to this I can start the hunt for a 2nd hand replacement..any offers?
    cheers and thanks
    dinna say eh?....say fit?

Originally posted by leo's dad
    possibly a bit of a stupid question but... Are all the alternators for a 2.4 surf the same? or Which alternator fits my 89 2.4? I've seen mentions of ones fitting from a hi ace and something else but now I need that info I can't remember....old age..
    Once I know the answer to this I can start the hunt for a 2nd hand replacement..any offers?
    cheers and thanks
    Hi there Bud, Had the same trouble meself awhile back, I looked at 5, yes 5 different types & could only locate 4 of the types, (used ones) you guessed it the other one had to be a New O course, NOT
    I modded one in the End !!!!
    Here are 3 types, Hope it helps, My own one is the one wiv a 7 on it.

There's Always A Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 9 August 2006, 23:27.
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

cheers for the info, mine had a label with a 7 on it too, but got one from the breakers from an 88 UK hilux almost identical but did have to trim the main connector. ,,, now about the warning lights all on,lack of three point belts, lack of turbo power, clicky CV joint etc etc etc
      So much time to be spent on the shed
      dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Working...
      X