1st generation belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st generation belts

when ordering the belts from roughtrax do i need to order the same as for the pick ups, which is what i had to do with filters? reason i ask is that the old pickups are non turbo, so don't know if will make difference to the belts needed.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Yours is the 2lt engine isn't it? 2nd gens are 2lte. Turbos are not belt driven! I guess that the pick-up belts would be the right ones. Just tell them what truck you have and they will know anyway.

Comment

i know the turbo's aren't belt driven, hell i've removed and refitted them so much to this truck i have nightmare's of being eaten by giant silver snails!!!!

i wasn't sure as the pick ups that share same bits are 2L and not 2LT, so didn't know whether the belts would be the same as for the LN130 (turbo motor) or the LN65 pick up (non turbo).

don't see why they can't do a listing for the 1st gen-wouldn't take too much time if they know their stuff!
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

1st gen

Hi Logey,
        The cost of being in the elite 1st gen group! I sympathise with you as I always have problems when ordering parts. A fact..... when ordering parts for a surf, sales staff usually assume it`s a 2nd or 3rd. gen. You are correct in double-checking, alot of Mk. 2 pick-up parts wont fit the 1st. gen.
        Always phone and never order parts via email. I`ve had the best service and least mistakes from Roughtrax as they have asked for the chassis number and double-checked on their data-base. As for your question- I dont know they should be the same but you wont get the air-con.drive belt. (mines taken out anyway). I know the 1st and 2nd gen alternators are different so your best bet is with the pick-up belts.
        cheers,
        chris
        Last edited by chrisinflight; 16 July 2006, 22:29.