speedo needle sticking / jumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo needle sticking / jumping

Just bought a 1992 2.4. On driving home noticed speedo neddle stuck at 40 (mph on conversion dial).Eventually tapped it and it jumped up to 60.Seems reasonably accurate as my wife was following me .Has 30 / 10.5 tyres.Even at lower speeds it sticks. Many speed cameras here in Edinburgh so need to sort it PDQ. Another thread states that if there is a stop post at zero for the needle then it is an electronic speedo.Any help will be very very welcome.
    Needle doesn't seem bent.
    Thanks in advance.

speedo

If its a new MPH face it may have been put over the top of the KPH face, when its dark put your lights on and look at the dash if the speedo is dimmer than the rev counter then I trhink thats your problem.You will have to take out the upper dash and remove the dials split the clear casing and remove the new ands old face then replace only the new face. It sounds harder than it is .
    Stop it that tickles

Comment

Or the speedo needle could have been pushed back onto the spindle too much. Maybe it can be raised slightly, it can be done gently with a fork.

Comment

thread hijack

Does the 'odo' operate off the speedo cable as well

mines never worked

Comment

Thanks all for responding so quickly.
          My son ( It's his truck )removed the old dial ,straightened out the mph one and it seems to be OK now.We think the convertors have just been too lazy to swap over the zero stop and just slipped the new dial over.

Comment

Working...
          X