Timing Belt change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt change

My T-Belt light has lit up on the dash when the mileage (in km) hit 100,000 km, but on the maintenance schedule on this site it recommends changing the belt at 150,000 km. Can anyone put me right on this, which is correct, it can be a big expense to change a timing belt and 100.000 km is equivalent to 62,500 miles which sounds about right for vehicles I have had in the past.
    Thanks,
    Phil.

100k is correct. I would get it changed anyway.

Comment

There really easy to do, one of the best i have done
      What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Thanks, I think I'll have it changed anyway, better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Eeek the lights come on!

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last dropped by, but I need some urgent advise!

My husbands over in France and the T Light has just come on. He's around 60 miles from Calais and it will take another 60 miles to get back to London.

Can anyone advise whether its worth trying to get back home or does he need to call the breakdown?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by KarenmacHopkins View Post
            Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last dropped by, but I need some urgent advise!

My husbands over in France and the T Light has just come on. He's around 60 miles from Calais and it will take another 60 miles to get back to London.

Can anyone advise whether its worth trying to get back home or does he need to call the breakdown?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Karen
            Karen,

He can drive it back ok, but tell him to get it changed as soon as he is back.

The T light comes on at 100,000km from when the light was last reset.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks Trev,

That's a bit of a relief, thanks goodness we paid £15 for european breakdown just in case!

Karen

Comment

So Mr H will need to change the belt when he get's back. Can anyone recommend a place where you can buy one for the Suft TD 2.4 '92 rather quickly and reasonably? He's gotta be back on the road, big time, on Thursday.

Thanks to everyone on this site who is so helpful.

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by KarenmacHopkins View Post
                  So Mr H will need to change the belt when he get's back. Can anyone recommend a place where you can buy one for the Suft TD 2.4 '92 rather quickly and reasonably? He's gotta be back on the road, big time, on Thursday.

Thanks to everyone on this site who is so helpful.

Karen

May one suggest ...........http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.ph...at=0&term=belt

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

You Trev,

Thanks again!

Karen

Comment

Working...
                    X