Aircon help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon help

Hi guys and gals, I posted this question on the 6th of July but could not read the answers as it looks like there was a problem with the site. Could anyone who replied take the the trouble to do so again thanks. I have an L reg (1992) KZ130 3litre diesel surf. Ther Aircon has pressure on one side and not on the other. I think it is a faluty or stuck Expansion Block Valve. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement, a part number, how to replace it or anything else that might help. Thanks in advance Andrew

you should be able to order anything from your local toyota dealership - they can show you the parts on the computer.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks Tim as a last resort I will give that a try, the problem being no Toyota dealer is nearby.
      Thanks Again Andrew

Comment

Expansion Valve

Did you find somewhere to buy your expansion valve? I need one (I think). Also any tips on replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo
          Did you find somewhere to buy your expansion valve? I need one (I think). Also any tips on replacement?

My aircon was completely empty after my head change, and my mechanic re-gassed it and changed both valves, all for £60 cash.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

expansion Valves

£60!!!! What's his number?

Aren't these valves hidden behind the dash somewhere?

WOW that's a good deal.

Comment

Had a similar problem with mine when I bought it 3 years ago. The offending part is usually the one under the n/s dash. Mine was fixed under warranty but I know the mobile guy who came out to fix it charged about £175 to re-gas, then remove, order and fit the part and re-gas. Been OK since though.
              Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by aldo
                £60!!!! What's his number?

Aren't these valves hidden behind the dash somewhere?

WOW that's a good deal.

Sorry, talking b0ll0x again, the valves he replaced were the two fill valves on/near the compressor.

Sorry to get your hopes up
                Rob

Comment

expansion valve

Air Con Expansion Valve

Still unsure what they look like? where i get one? and how i replace it?

anyone know?

You never know it might warm up a bit!!!

Comment

I've checked my haynes manual, and could find no mention of expansion valv es, so if I were you, I'd phone Toyota and get some info from them.
                    Rob

Comment

Expansion Valve will be between the Receiver Drier and Evaporator.

http://www.autoaircon.co.za/technical.htm

Nev

Comment

Working...
                      X