New to surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to surfs

Hi just got 1993 surf diesel 2.4 Auto to tow and have fun,wondered if anyone can help with these; Allou wheels, cant get to undo them, cant get a socket in, the gap is to small between the nut and the wheel, got a clunk on wheel when turning full lock or droping down off the curb, have got new bulbs for head lights but cant work out if I have to remove stuff behind the headlights to change them,also have new speedo face to put in if I remove the upper dash is it worth getting the blue lights on ebay to put in at the same time. Having probs with the aircon (r12) all the places I have contacted will not touch it ,anyone got any phone numbers (anything you think would be usefull for me to know please say)
    Attached Files
    Stop it that tickles

Originally posted by pkh
    Hi just got 1993 surf diesel 2.4 Auto to tow and have fun,wondered if anyone can help with these; Allou wheels, cant get to undo them, cant get a socket in, the gap is to small between the nut and the wheel, got a clunk on wheel when turning full lock or droping down off the curb, have got new bulbs for head lights but cant work out if I have to remove stuff behind the headlights to change them,also have new speedo face to put in if I remove the upper dash is it worth getting the blue lights on ebay to put in at the same time. Having probs with the aircon (r12) all the places I have contacted will not touch it ,anyone got any phone numbers (anything you think would be usefull for me to know please say)

Ah!!!!!! that will be your first double post,

Welcome matey
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Yes just finding my way around I thjink I'm in the right place (as the bishop said to the actress)
      Stop it that tickles

Comment

Originally posted by pkh
        Yes just finding my way around I thjink I'm in the right place (as the bishop said to the actress)
        Great,

Why not visit user CP and fill in your truk details? days from now when you are asking questions we will all be able to help you much easier and Vince will be able to send the correct link in an instant
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Spark plug socket for wheel nuts.

Steering stops causing clunking.

Remove battery to access headlight assembly.

L.E.D's are upto you.

Do a search for aircon. That gas has been superceded.

Comment

thanks matt very informative.
            Stop it that tickles

Comment

You're welcome. And welcome, BTW. If you want the indepth on the
              L.E.D's, Ian is the guru on this subject.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21521

This thread has info regarding the aircon gas:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=aircon+gas

This thread has the info on the steering stops. The yellow circle and
              arrow are what need greasing. Personally, I use copper(slip/ease).
              There are two per front wheel.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...steering+stops

Comment

Working...
              X