Starter motor prolem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter motor prolem

I am pretty sure I need to change the starter motor on my ln130. It just clicks when I turn the key. I cannot however find the starter. According to Haynes it should be simple.

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I am a amateur mechanic with limited resources.

Thanks in advance.

You need a starter motor repair kit.....

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/starter/

Comment

I stripped mine down and cleaned all terminals with emry, gave it a good wd40'ing and it has never let me down again, fingers crossed. Take care not to knock the water temp sesor tucked away under the inlet manifold
      What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Check your main chassis earth, I've had this fault on two vehicles, both times RAC & independant mechanic said it was a faulty starter, both times I fixed myself(after spending good money on new starter and problem remaining)

So check & clean all earth straps first.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by awild33
          I am pretty sure I need to change the starter motor on my ln130. It just clicks when I turn the key. I cannot however find the starter. According to Haynes it should be simple.

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I am a amateur mechanic with limited resources.

Thanks in advance.

Any update on the starter motor??

How's it going??
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
          X